IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE BARTHOLOMEW PARK WINERY TRANSITION
What is the exact closing date of Bartholomew Park Winery?
- The winery will close on October 28, 2018.
What will happen to the winery and vineyards after the Bundschu family leaves?
- The Bartholomew Foundation, long-term owners of the property, will resume management of the winery, and will share news of their vision for the future shortly. They will continue their non-profit’s charter of protecting and commemorating this historic vineyard, and grounds.
Will the park grounds be open after the winery closes?
- The park grounds will continue to be open to the public from 10am-4:30pm daily. The hiking trails, however, remain closed indefinitely due to damage from the wildfires.
Who do I contact with questions about the park or hiking trails?
- Please contact Scott Clyde, General Manager of the Bartholomew Foundation at 707.938.2244 or email@example.com
Access to Wines
Will I be able to buy Bartholomew Park Winery wine after the winery closes?
- Please contact our club team at 707-939-3026 for purchases following the closure. However, as a boutique winery, we have a limited supply of wine and anticipate selling out sooner for most wines, especially favorites such as our estate Sauvignon Blanc and Zinfandel.
Does the Bartholomew Park winemaker make wines elsewhere?
- We share the same winemaking team, led by Executive Winemaker Keith Emerson, at our sister wineries Gundlach Bundschu and Abbot’s Passage. Each winery has a unique style reflective of its varietal focus and vineyard sourcing, but all Bundschu family wines share a few key characteristics – quality, complexity, character and sustainability.
The Bundschu Family
Who is the Bundschu family?
- The Bundschus are Sonoma growers and vintners with deep roots in Sonoma harkening back to 1858 when their family first planted Rhinefarm, the estate on which Gundlach Bundschu winery currently sits. The Bundschu family business is run by the 6th generation – Jeff, Katie and Rob.
What will they focus on after Bartholomew Park closes?
- The family will continue to focus on their historic Gundlach Bundschu label – a trailblazer in cool-climate Cabernet, Merlot and estate-driven varietals since 1858. They will also grow Katie Bundschu’s new project, Abbot’s Passage, which is a collection of small-lot, co-fermented field blends from storied Sonoma sites. The family welcomes Bart Park members, guests and community at their other properties which share Bart Park’s spirit of history, sustainability, community and discovery.
What will happen to my Bartholomew Park Winery club membership?
- We have curated a special 2018 club offering that showcases Bartholomew Park Winery favorites as well as signature gems such as Pinot Noir and Merlot from Gundlach Bundschu’s historic Rhinefarm estate. The wines for each shipment have been selected to complement one another, and to showcase the diversity of Sonoma’s terroir. We hope that you’ll enjoy the opportunity to do a comparative tasting of the Bundschu family’s favorite wines from recent vintages.
Can I try Gundlach Bundschu wine before my first shipment?
- Yes! We’re offering our Bart Park club members a $20 gift certificate for Gundlach Bundschu wines (at the winery or online) and satisfaction is guaranteed. We want you to enjoy every bottle you purchase from us, always. To familiarize you with Gundlach Bundschu (“Gun Bun”), you will automatically receive Gundlach Bundschu membership benefits when visiting including complimentary tastings and tours at Gundlach Bundschu, as well as discounts on wine and merchandise.
What will happen to my membership after the winery closes in October?
- Throughout 2018, we will continue to share our Bartholomew Park wines through your club shipments. Starting in 2019, we look forward to welcoming you to our Gundlach Bundschu wine club, where you’ll have access to club-exclusive releases from the family’s Rhinefarm estate as well as single-vineyard gems from other celebrated Sonoma sites. Our membership manager, Abbey, and your club team will be here to answer any questions.
Who do I contact with questions about my membership?
- For any questions about your 4 Seasons club membership, please contact our Membership Manager, Abbey at 707.939.3024 or the wine club team at 707-939-3026.